Enhance Mercury Removal Capabilities of Wet FGDs
Redox-Hg is a suspension of highly amorphous iron sulfide particles used to enhance the total mercury removal capabilities of wet FGD scrubber systems. Through a combination of adsorption, chemical reduction, precipitation, and conversion to stable sulfide and iron-sulfide precipitates, Redox-Hg removes oxidized and elemental mercury from liquid and gaseous streams.
- Fast-acting response during startup, ORP and SCR excursions
- Works within existing scrubber conditions with a small footprint
- Reduces arsenic and selenium in water
- Eliminates the potential of leachable heavy metals in solids
- Non Toxic, easy to handle, low odor
Cost effective alternative to wet scrubber additives (WSA)
Redox-Hg enhances the mercury removal capabilities of wet FGDs and is employed as the mercury control chemical of choice at plants generating over 9,000MW of power.
- Lowers total stack mercury by over 95%
- Does not effect quality of fly ash or gypsum
- Effective over a wide range of ORP (-200 to +700 mV) and pH (pH 4.5-7)
Plant data showing real-time quick response of Redox-Hg chemical injection