Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP)
Our expertise comes from extensive experience in ESP Retrofits and Upgrade
- Turnkey Retrofits and Rebuilds
- Project Specification Development
- Engineering Studies
- Construction Services
- Precipitator Inspections
- More than 35,000 MW of experience
The rehabilitation of existing Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP) is a cost effective means of improving the performance of aging equipment, thereby regaining lost efficiency and meeting new, more stringent, particulate emission levels. Retrofits to ESP systems minimize capital expenditures; eliminate risks inherent when bringing new equipment on line, as well as, equipment down time by keeping outage requirements as short as possible.
Our systems are designed to match the physical layout of the existing ESP shell. In most cases, the original equipment can be enhanced with our improved designs for mechanical and electrical systems, including: collecting plates, discharge electrodes, electrical sectionalization, power supplies, control systems and rapping.
We have had a great deal of success with complete or partial retrofits to wide plate spacing and rigid discharge electrode (RDE) configurations. Our strong background in flue gas conditioning (FGC) systems also compliments the ability to provide enhanced ESP performance guarantees.
Beyond this, we have both the physical and computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling capabilities along with proprietary numerical based ESP performance modeling which is the basis for determining performance guarantees. This includes ESPs where DSI systems for SO2, HCl or mercury control may require improved performance or where low rank fuels create particulate emissions challenges. As an established single-source supplier within the marketplace, we combine the best equipment concepts to develop an ESP system that is cost effective and reliable.
- Plate Replacement
- Retrofit Wires with Rigid Discharge Electrodes (RDE)
- Improved Power and Sectionalization of HV Systems
- Improved Rapping Systems
- Hot to Cold ESP Conversion Design
- Improved Flow Distribution
- Guaranteed Performance
- Components custom designed to fit each application
- Custom components are installed in all OEM designs
- Guaranteed Performance
- Typical retrofit includes wide plate spacing with assembled panel plates and rigid discharge electrodes
- Retrofits successfully performed on both hot-side and cold-side ESPs